Veterans Benefits Information guide to VA benefits

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home News
Title Filter     Display # 
# Article Title Hits
51 World War II survivor, Legion Rider talks about an evanescent generation 82
52 FODPAL announcement for national convention 74
53 Mental health care, suicide prevention plan for transitioning veterans moves forward 75
54 French students from Illinois participate in Arc de Triomphe ceremony 62
55 Men’s Health Month: Never ‘too busy’ to focus on wellness 74
56 Commander brings 'Family First' message to Germany 67
57 Legion Baseball Player of the Year honored in Cooperstown 68
58 Project Sea Raven delivers cutting-edge pathogen detection technology 70
59 American Legion invites Detroit area veterans to discuss VA care 60
60 Legion memorial database passes 2,000 mark 63
61 Discount deadline extended for Legion centennial tours of WWI, WWII sites 51
62 VA connected care Twitter chat set for June 7 78
63 Legion, Samsung to recognize 2017 scholarship recipients 87
64 Michigan post grants World War II veteran's Memorial Day wish 70
65 Forgotten Medal of Honor recipient honored by Massachusetts post 89
66 USAA Tips: Humility a critical skill to becoming and remaining a great leader 62
67 AFMES DNA lab helps identify the fallen of past conflicts 51
68 It’s Not the Ground at Arlington Cemetery That’s Sacred 82
69 A Hero’s Plea on Memorial Day 88
70 “America’s Medical School” graduate selected for NASA spaceflight mission 56
71 Air Force medical team supports exercise in Panama 70
72 Centennial monument spurs future project in Texas 63
73 Flip-Flops for the Greater Good 79
74 Three Younger Veterans Stake a Generational Claim on the Democratic Party 77
75 Rolling Thunder: 'It was overwhelming' 73
Page 3 of 544

Did you know?

A veteran’s family must request a United States flag.

A flag is provided at no cost to drape the casket or accompany the urn of a deceased veteran. Generally, the flag is given to the next of kin. Only one flag may be provided per veteran. Upon the request of the family, an “Application for United States Flag for Burial Purposes” (VA Form 21-2008) must be submitted along with a copy of the veteran’s discharge papers. Flags may be obtained from VA regional offices and most U.S. Post Offices.