Veterans Benefits Information guide to VA benefits

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home News Legion looking for veterans in Monterey County, Calif.

Legion looking for veterans in Monterey County, Calif.

E-mail Print PDF

Wartime veterans in and around Monterey County, Calif., are invited to a veterans outreach and district revitalization effort being conducted April 26-28 by American Legion national staff and the Department of California.

The effort will take place from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. April 26-27 and 9 a.m.-noon April 28 at Prunedale American Legion Post 593, 8300 Prunedale Road, Prunedale.

A veterans service officer will be available all three days to assist with Department of Veterans Affairs-related issues and other veterans benefits questions.

Read More

Did you know?

The issuance or replacement of military service medals, awards and decorations must be requested in writing.

Requests should be submitted in writing to the appropriate military service branch division of the NPRC. Standard form (SF 180), available through the VA, is recommended to submit your request. Generally, there is no charge for medal or award replacements. For more information, or for the mailing address of the military branch office to submit your request to, call 1-86-NARA-NARA (1-866-272-6272) or visit the NPRC website at