Veterans Benefits Information guide to VA benefits

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home News What are you doing for Veterans Day?

What are you doing for Veterans Day?

E-mail Print PDF

Is your American Legion post, district or department planning or taking part in a community Veterans Day event? If so, we want to know about it.

We want to be able to both promote these events ahead of time, as well as plan to possibly provide national coverage of the events in The American Legion's various media channels.

To share details of your event, including time, date, location, guest speakers and community involvement, please email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . And remember to please share your event after it happens by uploading a story and photos at

Read More

Did you know?

The issuance or replacement of military service medals, awards and decorations must be requested in writing.

Requests should be submitted in writing to the appropriate military service branch division of the NPRC. Standard form (SF 180), available through the VA, is recommended to submit your request. Generally, there is no charge for medal or award replacements. For more information, or for the mailing address of the military branch office to submit your request to, call 1-86-NARA-NARA (1-866-272-6272) or visit the NPRC website at