Veterans Benefits Information guide to VA benefits

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home News Compare 2019 FEDVIP Dental, Vision Plans Ahead of Open Season

Compare 2019 FEDVIP Dental, Vision Plans Ahead of Open Season

E-mail Print PDF

In 2019, dental and vision insurance plans for retirees and their families will be available through the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP). If you’re eligible, the first opportunity to enroll in a plan is during the Federal Benefits Open Season. This will take place from Nov. 12 to Dec. 10. Prepare for Federal Benefits Open Season now by reviewing the 2019 FEDVIP plan options and rates. If you want FEDVIP dental coverage in 2019, you must make a plan choice and enroll during the Federal Benefits Open Season.

The TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) will only be available until Dec. 31, 2018. The last day to enroll in TRDP is Nov. 30, 2018.

FEDVIP offers 10 dental and four vision carriers to choose from. Use the FEDVIP Plan Comparison Tool to help you determine what plans are right for you and your family. The tool allows you to compare plans available in your area based on monthly premium rates, benefits (in-network vs. out-of-network), deductibles, and annual maximums. The tool lets you compare up to three plans side-by-side.

Who is Eligible for FEDVIP?

  • Retired service members and their families who were eligible for TRDP are eligible to enroll in a FEDVIP dental plan. They’re also eligible to enroll in a FEDVIP vision plan if enrolled in a TRICARE health plan.
  • Family members of active duty service members who are enrolled in a TRICARE health plan can enroll in a FEDVIP vision plan.
  • Children enrolled in or eligible for TRICARE Young Adult aren’t eligible for FEDVIP.

If you’re not sure if you can enroll in FEDVIP, use the FEDVIP Eligibility Tool. The tool allows you to check to see if you’re eligible for FEDVIP dental, vision, or both.

To learn more about FEDVIP, read frequently asked questions, and sign up for updates. Get familiar with 2019 FEDVIP plans and rates. Doing these things will help you take command of your health and help you prepare for 2019.

Read More

Did you know?

The issuance or replacement of military service medals, awards and decorations must be requested in writing.

Requests should be submitted in writing to the appropriate military service branch division of the NPRC. Standard form (SF 180), available through the VA, is recommended to submit your request. Generally, there is no charge for medal or award replacements. For more information, or for the mailing address of the military branch office to submit your request to, call 1-86-NARA-NARA (1-866-272-6272) or visit the NPRC website at