Veterans Benefits Information guide to VA benefits

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home News Promote FODPAL stories on Legiontown

Promote FODPAL stories on Legiontown

E-mail Print PDF

American Legion posts and Legion Family members provide service year-round to veterans and their families, active-duty servicemembers, youth and community members. And the Legion wants to hear these stories.

The Legiontown website can showcase multiple stories at once, allows Legion Family members to feature links to YouTube videos created by them, and enables stories to be shared throughout social media. This sharing will promote the many ways Legion Family members dedicate themselves to a cause greater than themselves, and applies just as much to those belonging to FODPAL posts and departments.

The Legion wants you to share your good experiences, whether it’s welcome-home celebrations for returning servicemembers, membership drives, honor and remembrance stories, visiting patients at a VA hospital, sponsoring young men and women to Boys and Girls State, hosting fundraisers, donating to Legion charities, or converting a post into a makeshift shelter for victims affected by a natural disaster. Posts, Sons squadrons and Auxiliary units are turning ordinary communities into Legiontowns every day.

For many Legion Family members, these services go unnoticed, but not for those who share their stories on Legiontown. The sharing of stories provides inspiration to posts, squadrons and units everywhere on how to promote the Legion in their communities. Registration is free.

One FODPAL post making good use of Legiontown is Col. Lewis L. Millett Memorial Post 38 in Seoul, South Korea; post historian Don Wong makes a habit of uploading everything from observances of Four Chaplains Day, to visits to American graves in area cemeteries.

Read More

Did you know?

The issuance or replacement of military service medals, awards and decorations must be requested in writing.

Requests should be submitted in writing to the appropriate military service branch division of the NPRC. Standard form (SF 180), available through the VA, is recommended to submit your request. Generally, there is no charge for medal or award replacements. For more information, or for the mailing address of the military branch office to submit your request to, call 1-86-NARA-NARA (1-866-272-6272) or visit the NPRC website at