Veterans Benefits Information guide to VA benefits

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home News American Legion invites Fayetteville, Ark., veterans to discuss VA care

American Legion invites Fayetteville, Ark., veterans to discuss VA care

E-mail Print PDF

The American Legion invites all Fayetteville, Ark., area veterans and their family members to a town hall meeting to discuss their VA care.

The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, April 8, at Shelton Tuck Craft American Legion Post 27, 1195 S. Curtis Ave., Fayetteville, AR 72701.

The town hall is one of many such events that The American Legion will conduct around the United States this year. The American Legion hosts these events to hear feedback from veterans about the quality of health care they receive at their local VA facilities.

Staff from The American Legion National Headquarters office in Washington, D.C., and American Legion Department of Arkansas, as well as representatives from VA and members of the Arkansas congressional delegation, will be in attendance.

The American Legion is scheduled to hold System Worth Saving site visits at the following sites in 2019:

May 20-22 Colmery O'Neil VA Medical Center, Topeka, Kan.

June 17-19 Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center, Wilkes-Barrie, Pa.

July 22-24 Martinsburg VA Medical Center, Martinsburg, W. Va.

Aug. 5-7 VA Illiana Health Care System, Danville, Ill.

Sept. 23-25 Washington DC VA Medical Center

Oct. 22-24 Lexington VA Medical Center, Lexington, Ky.

Nov. 4-6 Salisbury VA Medical Center, Salisbury, N.C.

Dec. 2-4 Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System, Montgomery, Ala.

Read More

Did you know?

The issuance or replacement of military service medals, awards and decorations must be requested in writing.

Requests should be submitted in writing to the appropriate military service branch division of the NPRC. Standard form (SF 180), available through the VA, is recommended to submit your request. Generally, there is no charge for medal or award replacements. For more information, or for the mailing address of the military branch office to submit your request to, call 1-86-NARA-NARA (1-866-272-6272) or visit the NPRC website at