Veterans Benefits Information guide to VA benefits

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home News American Legion Child Welfare Foundation awards grant for autism research

American Legion Child Welfare Foundation awards grant for autism research

E-mail Print PDF

The American Legion’s Child Welfare Foundation (CWF) awarded the Organization for Autism Research (OAR) a grant April 16 that will aid in the printing and distribution of a revised resource “A Parent's Guide to Research: 2019 Outreach.” The revised guide will provide parents with information about autism, explain the differences in information resources, and give them the tools to interpret and apply findings to their individual situation and needs.

OAR is a national nonprofit organization in Arlington, Va., that was founded and led by parents and grandparents of children with autism. They work to provide new and useful information to members of the autism community, and promote initiatives that enhance the quality of life for individuals with autism.

The $14,250 grant was presented to OAR Executive Director Michael Maloney and Director of Research and Programs Kimberly Ha by American Legion Finance Commission member George Lussier and Department of Virginia's National Executive Alternative Committeeman Linden Dixon Jr.

The American Legion Child Welfare Foundation was founded to contribute to the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual welfare of children and youth. CWF accomplishes this mission by promoting child welfare through dissemination of knowledge about research, studies, surveys, projects, or by supporting programs and activities benefiting the welfare of children and youth.

Read More

Did you know?

The issuance or replacement of military service medals, awards and decorations must be requested in writing.

Requests should be submitted in writing to the appropriate military service branch division of the NPRC. Standard form (SF 180), available through the VA, is recommended to submit your request. Generally, there is no charge for medal or award replacements. For more information, or for the mailing address of the military branch office to submit your request to, call 1-86-NARA-NARA (1-866-272-6272) or visit the NPRC website at