Veterans Benefits Information guide to VA benefits

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home News Idaho to debut American Legion softball program in 2020

Idaho to debut American Legion softball program in 2020

E-mail Print PDF

Prior to the 2018 American Legion Baseball season, the Department of North Carolina became the first in the nation to sanction a statewide American Legion softball league: North Carolina American Legion Lady Fastpitch. Now, a sanctioned American Legion Lady Fastpitch softball league will debut in the Department of Idaho in 2020.

"Reaching this milestone in order to create additional opportunities for our young ladies to compete after the high school season and outside of travel ball is historic," said Ken Oler, who will become the Legion's fastpitch softball league state director, in a press release. Oler had a vision for a softball league a few years ago while coaching the American Legion Baseball North Idaho Lakers Post 15 team. Many sisters of the Post 15 players asked Oler when he was going to add a softball team to the Legion program.

"This could be a really great way for our girls to come together, represent their areas and play against other talented, competitive teams from other counties,” Oler said in the release. “Ultimately, we want to afford ladies fastpitch the same opportunities as the (Legion Baseball) men’s league to compete" in district, state and regional tournaments, "and even a World Series.”

Oler said he's passionate about this new league and getting it off the ground and running. And he welcomes communication about the Idaho American Legion Lady Fastpitch softball league.

Please email Ken Oler at

Read More

Did you know?

The issuance or replacement of military service medals, awards and decorations must be requested in writing.

Requests should be submitted in writing to the appropriate military service branch division of the NPRC. Standard form (SF 180), available through the VA, is recommended to submit your request. Generally, there is no charge for medal or award replacements. For more information, or for the mailing address of the military branch office to submit your request to, call 1-86-NARA-NARA (1-866-272-6272) or visit the NPRC website at