Veterans Benefits Information guide to VA benefits

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home News North Carolina taking VA help to veterans

North Carolina taking VA help to veterans

E-mail Print PDF

The American Legion Department of North Carolina is setting up a Veterans Benefits Action Center this week to assist veterans and their families in dealing with any Department of Veterans Affairs issues they may have.

The center will be set up at Legion Post 70, at 103 Reddick Rd., in Asheville. Veterans service officers will work alongside staff from VA’s Veterans Benefits Administration and Veterans Health Administration to facilitate the expedition of new or existing benefits claims, appeals and health-care issues.

The center will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., April 8-10. However, it is requested that those seeking help visit the center in the following order:

• April 8 – Those with Social Security Numbers ending in 00-33;

• April 9 – Those with Social Security Numbers ending in 34-67; and

• April 10 – Those with Social Security Numbers ending in 38-99.

More than 1,200 veterans have sought help at two previous Department of North Carolina Veterans Benefits Action Centers.

Read More

Did you know?

The issuance or replacement of military service medals, awards and decorations must be requested in writing.

Requests should be submitted in writing to the appropriate military service branch division of the NPRC. Standard form (SF 180), available through the VA, is recommended to submit your request. Generally, there is no charge for medal or award replacements. For more information, or for the mailing address of the military branch office to submit your request to, call 1-86-NARA-NARA (1-866-272-6272) or visit the NPRC website at